During my gold spray painting spree, I spray painted a pair of decorative pumpkins. I thought they would be a lovely touch to add to all the orange of my Halloween and Thanksgiving decorating.
When I pulled out everything to decorate for Halloween I added them to the collection.
They will also make a nice centerpiece when we have our 3rd Annual Friendsgiving next weekend.
Alright so I’ll admit, I thought I was done with the black formal gown too. Turns out I wasn’t.
After completing the gown for the black tie affair, I moved on to a few other projects (which you will see in the coming weeks). One was a lovely teal and black lace tea gown. This fabric served as my inspiration for one last change to the gown. Who wouldn’t be inspired by this fabric?!
I first thought I would Read the rest of this entry »
To go along with the Riker jacket, I also did up a pair of pants.
I didn’t make the pants myself, they were pre-bought to ensure fit. I just added trim and flair to them to make them match the jacket.
This was probably my favorite part of the outfit Read the rest of this entry »
Have you ever had a project that makes you want to quit sewing? This jacket was totally that project for me.
As I start to write this post I have just walked away from this jacket because I broke the zipper. Mind you, this is after sewing it in, ripping it out, and sewing it in again.
Luckily, I have a second zipper and my muslin version to look at to see where I went wrong.
I have made a lot of progress leading up to this zipper fail. Read the rest of this entry »
Last summer I made a sundress. I love that sundress so much that I have decided to make a second one.
The pink and orange checkered seersucker dress I made last summer right about the time we moved into our townhouse. It has been the most comfortable dress and I find myself wearing it around the house quite a bit. Because it is such a perfect dress, I decided Read the rest of this entry »
As I continued on with the Riker Jacket, everything started to take shape!
The bib quilting was tricky. I had to make sure that the quilting lines matched exactly. I also had to pay attention to my own notes during this stage because there was where the directions missed steps and I screwed up the muslin.
Next, I moved on to assembling the body. I was so happy to see it begin to really take form.
Still more to do but I am feeling good about the progress!