Have you ever had a project that makes you want to quit sewing? This jacket was totally that project for me.
As I start to write this post I have just walked away from this jacket because I broke the zipper. Mind you, this is after sewing it in, ripping it out, and sewing it in again.
Luckily, I have a second zipper and my muslin version to look at to see where I went wrong.
I have made a lot of progress leading up to this zipper fail.
I attached the collar:
I added the trim:
And then the lining, most of which was attached by hand:
Which brings me back to the zipper. After looking at the muslin, I ripped out the zipper (again) and put in a new zipper. This time it worked! GO ME! I can’t tell you how relieved I am that the zipper is in and that I finished sewing in the lining!
Now, I just have the trim on the pants to finish!