something using a solid colored fabric. Easy enough. The editors thought that was too simple, so they added color restrictions by the first initial of your name. To soften this blow, they allowed it to be any of your names: first, middle or last. As I have 4 to choose from (and liked the colors assigned to me) I was fine with this stipulation. I called my entry: A is for Purple: Solid Colors with Miss Bossy. Obviously, Purple does not start with an ‘A’, the ‘A’ is because that is the letter/color assignment that I chose to work with.
Pattern: I made McCalls Pattern 6841 option B. I did a muslin mock up first because there was a step in the directions that I did not understand. When I got to that step in the mock up, it still didn’t make sense to me, but I knew what the intention was, so I hand stitched the collar into place to finish it. The picture for that step was unclear, I really did not know how they expected me to machine sew the collar down with out the hem showing. Hence the hand stitching to finish off the collar. I also added my own bias tape (made from the purple jersey) to the arm holes to finish them cleanly. I didn’t like the roll hem.
Fabric: Because the challenge was Solid Color, color was assigned by first letter of any of your names and as mentioned above, I have 4 names! I had 4 colors to pick from: T-Green, M-Red, A-Purple, S-Black. This project is a gift, and the recipient’s favorite color is purple, I ran with it. I used a purple stretch jersey, which I now admit I am in love with and will have to use again!
Next Time: I will teach myself how to use my inherited serger to finish the hems.
The Finished Garment: It looks lovely on my dress form, can’t wait to give it to El for her birthday!