Sizing up a skirt and other errors: Part 2

Posted on Updated on

I took apart almost the entire skirt to replace the damaged panel. But success! No more melted bit!

 

While I have everything apart I also shortened the bodice. Next, I attached the skirt lining to the inside bodice lining.

Yes, I know that the skirt lining doesn’t even come close to matching the fabric of the dress. When I ordered the fabric it appeared much closer in color. Dangers of ordering fabric online I guess. Honestly, to the naked eye it is not that bad (mostly because to the naked eye my dress is actually green). Anyway, no one is going to see it aside from me, and obviously all of you.

I then sewed in the hook and eye for the zipper.

So here we are, working on the length of the straps:

And that brings us to the sleeves. Check back next week for my adventures with the sleeves.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s