This week I set my sites on making the skirt for my rehearsal dress.
As with the bodice, I had a lot of dots to mark. I will admit that, depending on what I am making, I won’t always mark the dots and squares on my pieces, but because this is a pattern that I have never used before, and the fabric that I am using shows EVERY mistake, I am aiming not to make any. Hence spending so much time on marking the dots.
If you do not know what I am referring to when I say dots please see the below picture.
Another detail that is applied in this skirt is darts. Making darts is very simple!
After sewing the skirt panels together I held it up around myself. In doing so I discovered that the pieces that I had cut out, a size 8, were not large enough 😦 So I need to disassemble the skirt and size it up.
One step forward, two steps back I guess.