Posted on Updated on
After cutting out all the pieces for my rehearsal dress, I began the assembly. Today, I completed the first round of bodice assembly.
There were a great number of pieces (23 to be exact) and 6 pieces of boning to be installed. It took me all day.
Bodice pieces cut out
Assembling the underlining
On to the boning
Boning all pinned in
I used my zipper foot to sew the boning casing in place
Next, I attached the underlining to the front of the bodice
Pinned then basted in place
Back (ignore the pucker I’m fixing that)
Finally I attached the straps and the lining (which is the same fabric as the outer fabric)
When making the straps, I needed to turn the tubes right side out. This is how I did it.
Check back for further progress on the rehearsal dress!