The wedding kippah saga continues. Here we have attempt number 4. I gave up on trying to salvage the previous attempt, there really was no reworking it. So I pulled out the model kippah, and fiance’s favorite I think. He has had this kippah since July of 1993.
This kippah has a 6 panel outer shell and a 4 panel inner shell. I created a tissue paper pattern of an inner shell panel. From this pattern I created a 4 panel inner shell out of simple muslin as well as a 4 panel outer shell made from ivory satin with a light iron on interfacing. I followed what I have learned in my previous attempts, sew top to bottom (narrow end to wide end), iron seams open as you go, and leave an opening in the lining so the kippah can be turned right side out.
And look how this one turned out!
Measurements of the 3 kippahs
I am, of course, not completely happy with the 4 panel version. I think the 4 panels are nice for the inner shell, but I really want the 6 panel for the outer shell. I am going to try my hand at making another tissue pattern, but that is a story for another day.