After pulling an all nighter, for no reason other than I wasn’t tired, I got most of the vest done. There is a bit of hand sewing left with the lining at the shoulder seams, and the buttons and buttonholes, as well as attaching the waistband buckle, but that is it. I also created a pocket square, and finished the last minute hand work on the tie. This blue brocade set is almost ready for the wedding!
UPDATE: Note to those making a vest. When the fabric that you are using is a heavier fabric, like the brocade that I used here, be sure to buy enough to use it as the back as well. I used the liner like the pattern said to and was informed that because the front was much heavier the vest kept sliding down in the front.